+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ECStuning + Alzor wheels = FAIL!!!

Enthusiast passatwagon has an above average reputation passatwagon's Avatar

Default ECStuning + Alzor wheels = FAIL!!!

VWVortex.com - :: ECS Tuning :: Alzor Alloy Wheels - Mk5 Fitment Now Available !!!!!!

ECS tuning said their newly introduced Alzor wheels (style 620) were ball seat lug bolt and OEM center cap compatible.

I went ahead with this, and ordered a set.

Haven't tested the ball seat bolt claim... but the OEM center caps they advertised as fitting do not fit.

With many PM's over the whoretex, jon@ecstuning attitude is: "go f yourself. Not responsible for false information" I even asked if I can order blank center caps from them, to no avail. Contacted the "manufacturer", to no avail either.

that's enough for me not to want to order from ECS again.
    -tan

2008 Passat wagon 6MT

2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29-er
    2010 Specialized Secteur Elite
    some old 30 foot Bayliner Buccanneer

Euro Addict Sandeman is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction Sandeman is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction Sandeman is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction Sandeman is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction Sandeman's Avatar

Thats weird, all CS I received from ECS was top notch. Only complaint is shipping is a little on the high end. Sorry to hear
    Audi with TiTs
    ♥ Wheel Whore
    always Looking for a new set

--------------------------------------
    The Closer Auto Club
    Dubs & Grub GTG - Westchester County, NY

Euro Addict White Lightning is on their way to something great White Lightning is on their way to something great White Lightning's Avatar

There shipping sucks and sometimes there customer service is iffy.......
    There is a reason behind my name....

I don't know the name of it, I just know the sound it makes when it lies!
    N.E.R.D.

GLl Clubmember #002
    VAG-COM Services Available!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandeman View Post
    Thats weird, all CS I received from ECS was top notch. Only complaint is shipping is a little on the high end. Sorry to hear
    Prior to the Alzor wheels... ECS has been good to me.

These days, I use JC@DouglasVW.com (his vortex screen name) to buy parts at Douglas VW in Summit, NJ, which is reasonably close to work.
    -tan

2008 Passat wagon 6MT

Euro Addict mbgt72 is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction mbgt72 is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction mbgt72 is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction mbgt72 is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction mbgt72 is a well respected and helpful member of Euro Addiction mbgt72's Avatar

You do realize there are multiple different oem centercap style/sizes right?

That's the case for the B6 & B7's at least, and wouldn't be surprised if it's the same for the VW. When I bought my VMR's, the centercap is to audi oem spec for size, but my oem audi wheels had a different centercap that was slightly too large and I had to buy centercaps from ebay off another audi to match.

I really don't see why you're that upset over a set of centercaps. Pick up a used set/ebay for under $50 and be done. True they should have specified the exact diameter for the "oem" centercaps to fit, but to me, centercaps are something that you expect to have to pick up after you get the wheels, ESP at that price point! At the end of the day, you're getting a new set of 19" wheels for $700, I don't know how much you can really expect at that price. . .
    2005.5 MT6 S4 l JHM: Stg 1 Supercharger, SS Trio, Snub, LW Pulley, LW Front Rotors ,LWFW, Stg IV clutch, 4:1 Diff, Rear Diff Mount, Trans Mount, Stern Motor Mounts, IM w/ Spacers, 93 Tune, 2.5" Catless Milltek Dp's and Fast Intentions Res B6 Cat-Back l H&R C.O. 24.75" G-F, 034 Adj UCA's, H-Sport RS4 Rear Sway l Hawk HPS Pads, SS lines & SuperBlue l DDM 5000k H.I.D Fogs, Fly'sV4 LED, LED City & DRL, CC l 15% Tint, 50% Front Window l VMR V710 GM 19" l JL 10W7, Pioneer Bt-920, Focal Components l V1 l
    Arnold Palmer Club Member #11

For Sale: OEM Motor mounts (PM price), Aux Air Pump, PS Cooler, Stock Air Box (w/o top ram air intake snorkel piece)

Here's the thing, since ECS tuning states that VW part number 3B7 601 171 [/u]FITS [/u] the wheel, you expect that they have pre-tested it, and it does fit.

OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

Since my stock wheels come with the 3B7 601 171 center caps, and found that it does not fit one bit, it means ECS lied-- and they should be more accomodating to their customers.

If some shop lied to you about sales or service, you'd be pissed also.
    -tan

2008 Passat wagon 6MT

Passionate DTMOOOO has an average reputation DTMOOOO's Avatar

just buy some vinyl on ebay for like 2 bucks and vinyl the center caps whatever you want, sorry about your situation just saying this as a cheap alternative to having to buy more caps or something

Enthusiast CHARLATAN is on their way to something great CHARLATAN is on their way to something great CHARLATAN's Avatar

Talk to your credit card company about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DTMOOOO View Post
    just buy some vinyl on ebay for like 2 bucks and vinyl the center caps whatever you want, sorry about your situation just saying this as a cheap alternative to having to buy more caps or something
    already have stickers from ebay. 2 of the 4 center caps were suitable for putting the stickers on top.

Unfortunately..... the adhesive on the alzor sticker is quite strong.
    -tan

2008 Passat wagon 6MT

+ Reply to Thread